1/2 cup Australian Bee Company Honey
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup puffed rice (or popcorn!)
1 cup sultanas
1/2 chopped dried apricots (apple, peach, dates also work well)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup sunflower seeds (pumpkin seeds also work well)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
3. In a small saucepan, combine honey and butter. Stir over med heat until butter is melted. Reduce to simmer for 5 mins without stirring.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour over the honey syrup and stir to combine well.
5. Tip the mixture into a slice tin and press down firmly.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly then refrigerate to set. This part is important because if you try to cut it straight from the oven, it will fall apart. Letting set overnight in the fridge works best.
7. Once hard, cut to size. Store in fridge in an airtight container.
Original recipe by Be a fun mum.